Welcome to Wednesday !
Some really important information is contained below.
1. Food donations (very important) - the past year has been very hard on some families in terms of money and food etc. Locally Madley Church and Madley Charities have provided food parcels for members of the community and families who receive free school meals. It is always a 'tricky' conversation as everyone has a great deal of pride and always thinks that others are more in need.
The church community has again offered food parcels for half term but really need to know who needs them. We always operate very discreetly so please phone the office if you would like to receive one by the end of today (Wednesday) so we can let them know. We may also contact some families, please take this in the spirit of support.
- in receipt of free school meals through income or circumstance.
2. What is changing in England on 17 May?
- People can meet in groups of up to 30 outdoors
- Six people or two households can meet indoors
- Overnight stays will be allowed in groups of up to six people or two households
- Pubs, restaurants and other hospitality venues can reopen indoors
- Adult indoor group sports and exercise classes can restart
- Indoor entertainment such as museums, theatres, cinemas, bingo halls, sports stadia and children's play areas can reopen
- Performances and large events can restart, with limits on audience numbers
- Remaining outdoor entertainment, such as outdoor theatres and cinemas can open
- Hotels, hostels and B&Bs can reopen
- Holidays abroad to green list countries allowed
- Up to 30 people can attend weddings and more than 30 can attend funerals
- School changes - no changes other than what was published before (small changes for the children with breaks/lunchtimes). Nothing else will change until half term at the earliest.
- You can start lift sharing if you wish (some of you may be already). We are also starting 'park and stride' (separate Parent mail sent).
Have a good day.