We are going to have an update without any Covid information, it is still going on but we need to celebrate some other aspects of school !
1. Attached are some photographs of a 'snapshot' of the first half term. Despite all of the restriction and illnesses in school we have still managed to have a rich curriculum and lots of experiences for the children. Music, art, curriculum visits, sport, drama, construction, forest school etc alongside the everyday learning. There is even more that we have achieved since this 'snapshot' with drama specialists, artists, dancers, sports coaches and musicians working with the children.
A special mention to Class R who have been to forest school and visited a working farm yesterday. They were amazing with their behaviour, awareness and learning (and they are still only 4 and 5 !).
2. Rugby - attached is a flier for the Under 6s rugby at Hereford RFC. We have Mr Thomas (Hereford) and Aiden (Luctonians) coaching rugby to boys and girls in school every week. There are various age groups at Hereford on a Sunday morning, please contact the club direct if you are interested.
3. PGL next week - I will send the relevant information after school when I get 5 minutes !
4. Year 5 and 6 Longtown days next week - again I will send the information after school.
5. Curriculum visits - we normally try to give parents 2 weeks notice, especially if there is money involved, but please bear in mind that we are under a great deal of pressure in school everyday and some things will slip at the moment. We will ask for a voluntary contribution as school budgets are extremely tight but we are also aware of the growing costs to families (that includes us as well !).