The children have settled back into school well and we have had a very busy week. Lots of information is contained in this update......
1. Values thoughts (Happiness and compassion):
All classes have discussed the values this month and we will share their thoughts as I receive them from teachers. Year 4 discussed both values, they said:
The children all said through showing compassion it makes them feel happy.
2. Roof works
The news is positive and far less disruptive than we first thought (phew !). It means we can schedule parents' evenings (please see the information below) and appointment e-mails will follow later in the week.
- Works will start next Wednesday (and part of the car park will be used for materials as well as workers parking. A welfare unit will be outside of the boiler room for the roofers.
- We will still be able to use all of the usual entrances and exits at normal times in the normal way.
- We are awaiting the schedule of works as spaces/classrooms cannot be used when they are working above.
- When it comes to the time that your child's class will be in the Parish Hall I will e-mail you the relevant information (the works will affect Reception, Year 1, Year 2 and Year 4 in the next few weeks).
- there will be disruption but mainly to us in school not to parents/carers.
- Your children will be safe at all times and the roofing company is experienced when working in schools. All of the work is above us and roofers will not be in school or on school grounds where children are. As a school we are used to building work happening around us.
- The outside structures do not need to come down so we can still use the Year R and 1 outdoor classroom.
3. Parents' evenings
Now we know what is happening we can make plans ! We will have some fairly strict timings, expectations and processes for you to follow (but at least you can come in for the first time in 18 months !).
We will send you a Parentmail invite later this week and we have scheduled two evenings next week (Tuesday 4-7pm/Thursday 4-6pm) and one the week after (Tuesday 4-6pm). If you cannot make these times then arrangements can be made with class teachers in the next few weeks.
The notice is short as we can get two evenings in before the roof works really gets going !
Our expectations of you:
- We expect you to wear a mask inside the school building (unless you are medically exempt).
- We would prefer one parent/carer to attend and no children (unless family circumstances don't allow this). You will be given a short report at the meeting (if you cannot attend/have already had a meeting/chosen a telephone conversation then the report will be sent home to you).
- Bring a bag and you can take books home to look at as long as they are returned the next day.
- A lateral flow test on the day would be helpful but we do not want to see the result. If you have any Covid symptoms please do not attend.
- please do not use the school toilets (unless it is an emergency) and only the staff toilets can be used by adults.
All appointments will take place in your child's classroom (so you can see it) but please do not arrive until a few minutes before your allocated time (if you have more than one child please try to have a gap in between and we would ask you to wait in the hall socially distanced - EXCEPT ON THURSDAY AS WE HAVE IRISH DANCING IN THE HALL). We will help you to find the correct classrooms. All entrance and exit is through the main front door.
If you are late you will have to reschedule your time through the office.
Teachers will keep to the allocated times and you will have a strict 10 minute time slot.
A telephone option is available but not on the same nights as we only have two lines into school. Individual teachers will arrange a time with you over the following weeks.
4. Caretaker vacancy - please share this with any interested parties.
CARETAKER 30 HRS A WEEK - ALL YEAR
PERMANENT APPOINTMENT commencing Monday 6th December 2021 or earlier if possible
SALARY £15,351 to £15,971 per year
Madley Primary School is a ‘values’ based school with enthusiastic children who are eager to learn in their safe environment. The caretaker plays an important part in the smooth and efficient running of the school. The post holder will be expected to work in a flexible way to meet the needs of the school, combining planned and regular tasks with day-to-day needs and emergency responses.
You will be responsible for:
Managing access to the premises and maintaining a high level of security
We want you to:
Are you honest, open, hardworking, forward thinking and enjoy handy work? This could be an exciting opportunity to work in a friendly, successful and popular village primary school.
We offer: Good professional development opportunities, an enthusiastic and supportive team and an exciting place to work. Come and see for yourself!
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for successful candidates.
Visits to school are encouraged. For more information or an application pack either call the school on 01981 250241, email email@example.com or visit the school website www.madleyprimaryschool.co.uk and look in the ‘Job Vacancies’ section of the ‘Our School’ page.
Closing date: Sunday 14th November 2021
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 16th November 2021
A busy time lies ahead (whilst we will still be learning and doing all the other exciting things !).